Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shot Of The Day



Some people are shy about ringing doorbells. That's not me. Yesterday I was driving to a job and saw a whole landscape of crocus and daffodils. I'm not sure why I never noticed it before. I have always loved that house. A small prairie style on a small hill under mature trees. I rang the doorbell and asked if I could "borrow" their flowers for a bit. It made my day to be laying under the trees, in the leaves getting up close and personal with the flowers. It really made my day. Little did I know that I also made the day of the owners. It turns out that the mother of the gentleman who built the house in 1954 loved flowers and planted all of the bulbs and shrubs in the yard. He came out smiling and told me that his mother was smiling down from heaven while I was enjoying her work. He said I can come back anytime...and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment